Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DIME PIECE:: Esther Baxter Oils Up For A Good Cause




Esther Baxter teamed up with fellow model and friend to bring awareness to the current oil spill crisis in here PSA photo shoot using REAL OIL! Vibe caught Ms. Baxter on set and chatted with her about her most recent career moves and details of her relationship with Joe Budden.


VIBE: How did you get involved with the Oil Spill PSA?

Esther Baxter: Well, I was just talking to a friend of mine one day who also models and we felt like we needed to get involved. It just didn’t make sense to us that more wasn’t being done to fix the problem. I mean 70,000 gallons of oil are being spilled out everyday. Plus, not enough people in the industry are aware of it. So we decided to try and help the cause and bring awareness to the problem. No one in the industry has really took the initiative to speak out and help bring attention to the cause, so hopefully more people will catch on and help after this.

In the last few years you’ve been relatively quiet on the modeling scene. What have you been working on?

Right now, I’m getting into acting. Basically, I feel like I’ve conquered the urban modeling and video scene. I was one of the top video models and top paid. So I just felt like it was time to build my career further and challenge myself. Really, acting is something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve done a few commercials and TV shows here and there but it’s time to really build my career.

know you don’t want to talk about anyone specific, but are you happy with your love life?

Yes, I am. I’m very happy with it.

But is it even possible to keep you love life private with Twitter and all the gossip blogs out there?

Actually, I think it is. We (she and Joe Budden) kept our relationship private for a while. A lot of people don’t even know how long we’ve been together. It wasn’t until recently that we didn’t deny it anymore. But I don’t care what people say. Why go to certain extents to try and hide it?

Do you see wedding bells in the future?

Um…I don’t get into any relationships without thinking about that and seeing it happening.

So marriage is a possibility in your current relationship?

Yes….

Read more of the interview here



0 comments: